- Danville, PA 17821 US
- Encompass Health
Speech Pathologist Pediatrics - Janet Weis Center
Geisinger Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Be the seamless connection between your compassion and expertise and compelling, positive patient outcomes with national rehabilitation leader Encompass Health. Passionate about making a difference in the lives of others on an every-day basis, we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration and offer exceptional career resources, including opportunities for skill-building, training, education, and development. As the nationwide rehabilitation leader, we operate rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation hospitals, and provide home health and hospice services in 36 states and Puerto Rico. Join us in this promising role at one of our state-of-the-art facilities.
This position is located in the Pediatric department at the Janet Weis Hospital on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center. This position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of fellows, technicians and assistants
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.The Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 100031
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of an accredited Master's Degree Program or accredited Bachelor's Degree Program plus sufficient experience in the field.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 64 Rehab Lane, Danville 17821
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1910582