Apply on Employer's Site!
- Petersburg, VA 23805 US
- Encompass Health
Speech Pathology - Clinical Fellow
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Petersburg
- Clin Fellow
The Speech-Language Pathologist fellow provides speech-language therapy treatment and patient care under the guidance of the supervising speech-language pathologist according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires effective communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of technicians and assistants (when applicable).
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
The Speech-Language Pathologist fellow creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
-To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100026
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment, with the exception of states that require completion of the fellowship prior to receiving certification.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successfully completed a Master's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 95 Medical Park Blvd, Petersburg 23805
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1824381