- Baltimore, MD 21218 US
Speech Language Pathologist
Baltimore Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation (BOR), founded in 2004, is now the largest rehabilitation provider in Maryland. We are a multi-specialty group providing physical, occupational and speech therapies in Maryland, Washington DC, Pennsylvania and South Carolina. Our mission from the start was to become one of Baltimore’s top providers of rehabilitation services, and we have accomplished that. We now strive to be the most effective, consistent and least restrictive providers of rehabilitation services and therapies along the East Coast of the United States.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Clinicians will receive written orders from physicians, indicating the discipline & services/modalities to be provided to the patient. The clinician will schedule the evaluation at a time appropriate to both clinician and patient, during which time the clinician will work to obtain the consent form, perform the necessary assessment and schedule (as much as possible) the patient’s follow-up treatments.
• Productivity: Typically there are 6 hours per day during which actual treatment can happen. During this time, the clinician is required to & lsquo; engage’ (evaluate, re-evaluate, discharge, treat) at least 1.5 patients per hour, for a total of 40 patients per week.
• Hours: M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm EST. Breaks include one 30-minute break, 2x 15-minute breaks every 8 hour period and are scheduled at the clinician’s convenience.
• Patient Population & Demographics • 70% ambulatory geriatric • 25% developmentally disabled • 5% traumatic injury, respite, other
• Commonly Treated: Osteo- & Rheumatoid arthritis, Falls, Neurodegenerative conditions, Stroke, Contracture, Cardiovascular conditions.
• Valid Maryland Speech Language Pathology License to practice
• 1-year work history as a licensed Speech Language Pathologist
• Independent, Organized, Self-motivated
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows & Office
• Software/Hardware: Employer will provide a computer at the center for electronic documentation of patient encounters.
• Paid Orientation/Training
• Mileage Stipend
• 401 (k)
• Paid Time Off*